Changes in the Act that may affect your business:
· Provides that the term "employer" includes any entity which employs at least one (1) employee.
· Provides that leave may be used by an employee who has a family or household member who is the victim of domestic or sexual violence.
· Provides that leave may be used for the time a victim is experiencing an incident of domestic or sexual violence.
· Provides that employees working for an employer that employed at least one but not more than 14 employees shall be entitled to 4 workweeks of leave during any 12-month period.
· Effective January 1, 2017.